Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Another First :)

Yesterday I did one more thing that I can put in my bag of experience - in-home one-on-one interview...moderated by ME. Yes, all by myself. :)

I've done a lot of observing, mainly focus groups, and tried to pick up on some of the things that my fellow planners do to make people feel at ease, get them to elaborate, and get them to tell more than just the typical top-of-mind stuff.

The interview went pretty well. Unfortunately the guy wasn't very talkative so I felt I really had to work for it to get this experience! ;) But overall it was just a great feeling to get to do everything for the research, from set-up to the upcoming video. So I talked about the project with my AS team, developed the screener, handled the recruit with one of our recruiting partners, set-up the interview with the participant, interviewed him, captured what B-roll footage we wanted for the rest of the video with the help of one of our broadcast production people, and will soon be pulling clips and putting the video together. Awesome! Usually that all-important middle area of the actual interview is where I only observe or don't even go, but this time the whole enchilada was mine.

This is a really good feeling. I'm hoping that more will come my way as from here on out it's all about the experience - practice makes perfect and other such sayings.

Here's to completing a full project on my own. :D

No comments: